American Treatment and Filipino In
Simply by: Ha Unces Dignadice
The Spanish-American Conflict of
• Cuba, Spanish Nest in the West Indies,
revolted against its imperialiste master at some time
in March, 1895.
• Governor-General Valeriano Weyler leader of the The spanish language Forces in Cuba. • American entrepreneurs had enormous investments
in the sugar market in Cuba.
• Leader William McKinley sent the united states
battleship Maine to Barrica for the purpose of
evacuating American citizens in the event
• A letter from Enrique Dupuy de Lome, the
Spanish minister to the United States was
published inside the New York Diary on Feb . 9,
• This kind of letter imagined President McKinley as a
" would-be politician” and a weak leader.
• Leader McKinley – symbol of yankee nation
• The American battleship Maine docked in Havana
harbor was inflated, allegedly by Spaniards
about February 15, 1898.
• Resulted in losing about 260 crewmen.
• Randolf Hearst - the father of Yellow-colored Journalism.
• According to Hearst, the battleship was really
blown up and sank not really by the Spaniards but by
the American spies stationed in Emborrachar.
• President McKinley advised direct American
intervention in Cuba towards the US congress on Apr
• Spain declared warfare against the ALL OF US on 04 24,
• The spring 25, 1898 – Spanish-American War began.
Battle of Manila Gulf
• On April twenty-five, 1898, Commodore George
Dewey, proceeded towards the Philippines having a
squadron of four armored cruisers, two
gunboats and a revenue cutter machine.
• Led by the flagship Olympia.
• They entered Manila Bay in the early morning
of May possibly 1, 1898, and employed the The spanish language fleet
of 12 ships.
• Admiral Patricio Montojo – mind of Spanish
• Battle of Manila Gulf – probably the most
significant fights in the history of the American
people since it established the usa as a
• For the Filipinos, Dewey's victory signaled the
end of more than 300 years of Spanish colonial
guideline in the country.
• It proclaimed the beginning of American colonial guideline
in the Philippines.
Attempts in Gaining Filipino
• After busting the The spanish language fleet, Dewey
blockaded Manila while awaiting
reinforcement through the US.
• Basilio Agustin – Governor-General of the
region and the replacement, beneficiary of Primo de Regato.
• He was very demoralized by:
1 . the defection of the Filipinos from the The spanish language
Army to Aguinaldo's area.
2 . Dewey's victory in the Spanish fast in
• Agustin granted two decrees creating a Filipino
Volunteer Militia and a Consultative Assembly.
• His purpose was to win over the ilustrados.
• However , this kind of backfired because all of those
equiped to the militia sided with Aguinaldo.
• The Consultative Assembly, went by Pedro
Paterno, the negotiator with the Pact of Biak-naBato and who appealed to the Filipinos to support The country of spain.
• In the mean time, a problem cropped up regarding
the disposal with the P400, 1000 from GovernorGeneral Primo para Rivera beneath the terms of the Pact of Biak-na-Bato.
• Isabelo Artacho needed the money being
apportioned between themselves.
• Aguinaldo turned down the proposal so Artacho
sued him in the Hk Supreme Court docket.
• Aguinaldo, Gregorio de Pilar and J. Leyba
secretly attended Singapore and arrived presently there
on April 23, 1898.
• Howard Bray, an Englishman, up to date Aguinaldo
that E. Bradzino Pratt, the American consul, wanted
to confer with him.
• Recompensa, consented to return to the Philippines with
Commodore Dewey to once more business lead the innovation
against Italy, fighting alongside the Us citizens.
• Rounseville Wildman - American consul in Hong
• Wildman advised Aguinaldo to determine dictatorial
• Wildman and Pratt assured Propina that the
American government sympathized with the Filipino's
aspirations pertaining to independence.
• In view of new developments, Hk Junta...